Friday 5 March 2010

M Canvas Prints

I was offered a free print from MCanvasPrints of one of my photos, in return for a review of the product on this blog... so here it is: '50 60 200' (18"x12")

 

I have printed onto canvas before and found the blacks had a green tinge to them. That experience put me off the medium, as well as the current mass market of cheap high street canvas printers. I normally prefer high quality photo paper for display, for a more professional look.

The black areas here are satisfactorily untainted. The red ribbon stands out sharply and the image is crisp, despite the canvas texture. I went for the white edges on the wrap, the finish is very clean and there's just the right amount of bleed. The packaging preserved the rather fragile frame perfectly.

I compared the canvas print to a duplicate print of the same size on glossy fuji paper. While the paper print has a much smoother and sharper image due to it's texture, the canvas print exposes the fact that there is too much red in places on the paper print, making the canvas print a better match to the colours on the original.

If you would like to order a canvas from MCanvasPrints (UK) here is a link to their website.
MCanvasPrint

No comments: