Tuesday 2 August 2011

Life imitates music.

So here's the story: I'm 20, I'm living in Southampton and I'm a student (for the 1st time). I buy the album by Manchester DJ Lionrock called 'An Instinct For Detection', because Muzik magazine told me to. I put the track 'Snapshot On Pollard Street' on repeat for the next few years...



... I graduate, work in a factory in Arundel for a year making pig pens, then win a place at Manchester's School of Sound Recording in a competition and move up to Chorlton and then Withington... 12 years later I move from Withington to Pollard Street in Ancoats (up Wilmslow Road) and attempt to become a photographer after getting an art degree.

I'm sat in Pollard Street, with my camera, listening to the tune I'd forgotten about whilst freaking out.

No comments: