Thursday 22 October 2009

The Twilight Sad and David Lynch

I can't understand why this band aren't pulling bigger audiences and more radio air play. The second album has just been released, which emulates the first in that I can't stop listening to it from start to finish. Everyone who I've introduced them to have loved them and yet they remain underground, playing small venues to 100 or so people... for which the band appear overwhelmed and humbled.

Their sound is a perfect blend of deep, thought provoking calm before they hit you with a wall of sound and ear splitting rants from the heavily accented Glaswegian front man. Last night at The Ruby Lounge Manchester, they performed a stunning set to a small but passionate crowd. With the apparent lack of marketing funds, I take it upon myself to sell them to anyone who I think will like them... (anyone who has ears) so here's a link to their website: The Twilight Sad

On Twitter last night, David Lynch asked for links to artwork, so I posted a portrait of him that I drew on 12" vinyl. Page views have shot up so I'm hoping the great man himself took a peek.

David Lynch on vinyl

No comments: